12 January 2009

Cold is coming

I'm bored. I cannot believe that it's been almost five months since I observed a thunderstorm. And I also can't believe I dropped a brief mention of this blog in my grad school personal statement (although I left the URL out obviously). Not that anyone reads this anyways...

A frigid arctic air mass looks to dive into the Ithaca area during the second half of the week. Looks like the coldest night will be Thursday night, with lows dropping well below zero, and daytime highs on Wed-Fri not getting out of the single digits.

Looks like my annual hair-freezing ritual will come with this cold-spell. I will take a shower and NOT dry my hair, and walk outside in the bitter cold...thereby freezing my hair. It's honestly the coolest feeling in the world, and it literally takes seconds to freeze.

-Leon

No comments: